Sunday, October 23, 2011

REVIEW: Steven Isserlis


HKAPA Amphitheatre, Tuesday October 18

Joined by Taiwanese-American pianist Ya-Fei Chuang, the concert showed off effectively Steven Isserlis as the THE consummate character "actor".

To read my review of the concert for TIME-OUT Hong Kong, please click here.

Separately, this is my first time to attend a performance at the HKAPA Amphitheatre... well, it used to be an amphitheatre, but now it is all covered up and air-conditioned... in fact, I think HKAPA ought to change the name already. To be honest, it is a lovely venue but I am just not so sure its suitability to classical chamber performance. From where I was seated, there was clarity, but little warmth and brilliance. It felt as if the reverberation is a tad short. Have you been to this venue? What do you think of the acoustics?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home