Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SATOSHI on Mark Salvatus

The first time i came across the work of Filipino artist, Mark Salvatus, was in Secret Fresh. I acquired a humble piece, Paley Pils. In the exhibition, it was shown with a lovely dog, but unfortunately, they were separated...


My encounter with this talent and intriguing artist didn't end there, I saw his work again at the 4th Guangzhou Triennial at the Guangdong Museum of Art in Guangzhou, China. Since then, I have been encoutering his works more and more often and truly believe that he is indeed one of the best contemporary artists in the Philippines.


So... I am in my third paragraph and what do I really want to say? Mark Salvatus, has been invited to participate in a Parallel Event of Manifesta 9, the European Biennial of Contemporary Art. The Parallel Event he will be participating in is ‘Hotel de Inmigrantes - Cosmopolitan Stranger’ (Koen Vanmechelen) in Hasselt, Belgium from May 31 – June 7, 2012. But for him to be able to do that, he needs our assistance. Please do help :-)

For Mark to be able to go, he needs to raise P80,000.00. This is a worthwhile project, believe me, as I only put my money only in projects that I have confidence in. In this case, he is Mark Salvatus.

If you would like to help, please click HERE. You will need to fill out a form and you to confirm your pledge via email.

About:
Mark Salvatus(b. 1980) is an artist living and working in Manila. He graduated Cum Laude at the University of Santo Tomas College of Fine Arts and Design with a degree in Advertising Arts. His works deals with familiar objects, chance encounters, and everyday politics that crosses various media from drawings, installations, photography, street/urban art, to interactive and participatory projects. Building humor and drama to question memory, nostalgia, existence and space, thus making different perspectives between the viewer and the work.

To know more about his work, go to http://marksalvatus.blogspot.com/ or http://wrappedtraces.blogspot.com/.

To contact the artist, email markrams@yahoo.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home