Thursday, September 13, 2012

Review: Yundi Li with the HKPO


Cultural Centre Concert Hall, Saturday September 8

It was almost three months since I have heard HKPO played and I have to say I was actually surprised that I missed them! For their season opening, they have invited Yundi Li to perform Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1. When I heard about this, I was most concerned as I had one of the most memorable concert-going experience in hearing Boris Berezovsky played the same piece with HKPO led by Perry So in 2010 (and in a less memorable concert - Joyce Yang with HKPO led by Edo de Waart in 2011). I am not so sure why... perhaps it was my age and I had a "good old days" moment... or perhaps I was worried that I will be clouded by my extraordinary experience... in any case, one has to face the music and make a position and here's mine in TIME-OUT HONG KONG.

Please click HERE to see my review.



_____
Yundi’s Tchaikovsky
12/13 Season Opening Concerts
7&8-9-2012 Fri & Sat 8PM
Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall

SHOSTAKOVICH: Festive Overture
SHOSTAKOVICH: Symphony No.9
TCHAIKOVSKY: Piano Concerto No.1

Vassily Sinaisky, conductor
Yundi, piano

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home